In today’s episode, we chat with Dr. Shikha Jain about All Things Social Media. She shares how her position in medicine involves social media and how physicians can utilize social media for networking, education, patient engagement and career advancement. Don’t miss out on all her tips for how you can start engaging through social media too.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How Dr. Jain’s position combines medicine and social media.
- How physicians can interact and engage with patients using social media.
- Which social media platforms work well for physicians.
- How the new world of social media has impacted medicine in general.
- How physicians can utilize social media for professional networking and career development.
- How physicians can protect themselves on social media.
- Why physicians should use social media to educate people, increase knowledge and help people to help themselves.
Dr. Shikha Jain is a board-certified hematology and oncology physician on faculty at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, IL. She is an assistant professor of medicine in the Division of Hematology, Oncology and Cell Therapy and the Physician Director of Media Relations for the Rush University Cancer Center. Her research interests include the impact of social media on medicine, gender equity and career advancement for women and underrepresented minorities in medicine and GI oncology. She also writes and speaks on these topics. Dr. Jain has written for Doximity, KevinMD and ASCO Connection and she co-founded and co-chaired the first CME Women In Medicine Symposium at Northwestern in 2018. She is also the co-chair of the upcoming Women In Medicine Summit that will be held this fall in Chicago.
Links we discussed in the show:
- Find out more about the upcoming Women in Medicine Summit.
- You can find Dr. Jain on Twitter @ShikhaJainMD or ShikhaJainMD.com.
- Check out Doximity and Kevin MD for some great physician- only content.
- Check out Physician Mom’s Group and Doctor’s on Social Media Group on Facebook.
Special thank you to this week’s show sponsor: Set for Life Insurance! If you are in need of life or disability insurance, or if you need a second opinion to be sure you are insured appropriately, call Jamie Fleischner at Set for Life!
Thank you for listening to the Hippocratic Hustle! I know that time is your most valuable resource so I really appreciate you spending some of it with me. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it!
If you’d like to help me improve and grow the podcast, send your suggestions to: Carrie@HippocraticHustle.com
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast, so you won’t miss an episode!