In today’s episode, we chat with Dr. Cherry Chen about Real Estate Investing and Real Estate Syndicates. She shares how she got started in real estate, what syndicates are, and how they can benefit physicians who are looking to invest in real estate. Don’t miss out as she shares all of her tips and tricks to get started in this lucrative business.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How Dr. Chen got into real estate investing from medicine.
- How she learned about real estate syndications and got interested in them.
- What exactly Real Estate Syndication is and how it can benefit physicians.
- Some of the benefits of Real Estate Investing over other types of investing.
- How she works with and vets sponsors as a passive investor to invest in the properties.
- What the tax benefits are of investing in real estate.
- What are the risks in investing and what are the possible returns.
- How long you have to keep your money invested in these projects to see returns.
- Why commercial real estate investing is less volatile to the market than single family investing.
- Why it’s advantageous to invest in this way so you don’t have to spend so much time being a landlord.
Dr. Cherry Chen received her MD at Texas A&M College of Medicine with honors and completed her training at Oregon Health & Science University. She practices full-time as an Internal Medicine Hospitalist in the Dallas Ft-Worth metroplex. Dr. Chen founded The Real Estate Physician to provide resources and empower physician investors who are interested in investing for passive income through commercial real estate syndications. TheRealEstatePhysician.com was created and designed as a physician-forward resource, something Dr. Chen wished she had when starting out on her investment journey and hopes it brings value to other fellow physician investors.
Links we discussed in the show:
- Learn all about Dr. Chen’s business at: TheRealEstatePhysician.com.
- Read all about real estate investing at: BiggerPockets.com.
- Check out a great podcast with so many investing tips at: Afford Anything Podcast with Paula Pant.
Special thank you to this week’s show sponsor: Set for Life Insurance! If you are in need of life or disability insurance, or if you need a second opinion to be sure you are insured appropriately, call Jamie Fleischner at Set for Life!
Thank you for listening to the Hippocratic Hustle! I know that time is your most valuable resource so I really appreciate you spending some of it with me. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it!
If you’d like to help me improve and grow the podcast, send your suggestions to: Carrie@HippocraticHustle.com
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast, so you won’t miss an episode!