Today is Episode 50! Thank you so much for listening all the way up to episode 50 of our podcast! In today’s very special milestone episode, we speak with Sasha Shillcutt, MD of Brave Enough and StyleMD. Listen in as Sasha tells us all about her greatest passion of empowering women to be Brave Enough in their professional and personal lives.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why she decided to start her business to help empower women physicians.
- How she feels connecting with other women physicians is imperative and necessary.
- What being Authentic really means and how it can bring you joy.
- Why she decided to put together the Brave Enough Conference.
- How she manages being a wife, mother, physician and business owner all at once.
- Her best outsourcing tips to manage your busy life.
- Why she started her group StyleMD to help uplift women through self care.
- How she feels her groups help women come together to truly empower one other.
- All about her Brave Enough Conference and Retreat and how you can attend both.
Sasha K. Shillcutt, MD, MS, FASE is an Associate Professor and the Vice Chair of Strategy and Innovation in the Department of Anesthesiology at the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC). Dr. Shillcutt also serves as the Director of Clinical Research. She underwent her residency in Anesthesiology at UNMC and completed an Executive Fellowship in Perioperative Echocardiography at the University of Utah Medical Center. Sasha is a wife, mother of four, physician, clinical scientist, national educator, writer, and speaker.
Links we discussed in the show:
- Check out Brave Enough for all of Sasha’s wisdom and upcoming events.
- Register for her upcoming CME Course, the Brave Enough Conference.
- Get all the details about empowering yourself through her 12 Week Masterclass.
- Learn all about her Masterclass Retreat coming up in Orlando as well.
Quotes from Sasha Shillcutt, MD:
- “I had lost a bit of myself and a significant part of the authenticity of who I was.”
- “When you are brave enough to express your own vulnerabilities, you realize that you are not alone.”
- “Being authentic is one of the most difficult things you can do in life.”
- “There’s nothing that says we can’t change our focus!”
- “I make a list of all the things that I don’t need to be doing.”
- “I wanted women to feel ok about self care.”
Special thank you to this week’s show sponsor: Johanna Fox Turner at Fox & Company Wealth Management.
Thank you for listening to the Hippocratic Hustle! I know that time is your most valuable resource so I really appreciate you spending some of it with me. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it!
If you’d like to help me improve and grow the podcast, send your suggestions to: Carrie@HippocraticHustle.com
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast, so you won’t miss an episode!