In today’s episode, we chat with Dr. Jo, the mastermind behind the blog NeatnTiny.com. She shares her story of how she started her blog to share her love of minimalism home décor. Her beautiful blog is filled with tips, tricks and ideas to de-clutter your life and enjoy your space.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why she decided to start her blog after looking for a side gig for a while.
- How she got her blog started and how she came up with the idea for it.
- Her tips for dealing with all things related to kids and all their toys.
- How she feels about the KonMarie method and how she differs from it.
- Why she likes Ikea and feels like they are a great spot for minimalist décor.
- How she plans to monetize her blog and use it as a source of side income.
- How she got into practicing esthetics and integrative medicine.
Jo is a physician and blogger who blogs anonymously at NeatnTiny.com. She lives in Toronto with her husband, 4 year old son and their dog, Charlie. She is a home décor and decluttering maniac who also happens to be a mom and part time family practice doctor and she incorporates esthetics and integrative medicine into her practice. Her blog showcases her beautiful, tidy home and she also shares her tips, trick, DIY’s and favorite things related to home décor, home organization, style and simplifying life with kids. NeatnTiny.com will teach you about the positive impact a tidy home can have on your life.
Links we discussed in the show:
- Check out NeatnTiny.com for so many helpful home and décor tips from Dr. Jo.
- For more minimalist life hacks check out: Montana Money Adventures.
- Read Marie Kondo’s book: The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up.
- Check out great Scandinavian décor at IKEA.
Quotes from Dr. Jo:
- “I really do enjoy things when they are tidy.”
- “The first step to organizing anything is to de-clutter first.”
- “It nourishes another side of me and I almost see it as a therapeutic thing.”
Special thank you to this week’s show sponsor: Set for Life Insurance! If you are in need of life or disability insurance, or if you need a second opinion to be sure you are insured appropriately, call Jamie Fleischner at Set for Life!
Thank you for listening to the Hippocratic Hustle! I know that time is your most valuable resource so I really appreciate you spending some of it with me. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it!
If you’d like to help me improve and grow the podcast, send your suggestions to: Carrie@HippocraticHustle.com
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast, so you won’t miss an episode!