In today’s episode, we chat with Dr. Dana Corriel about her amazing group SOMEDOCS. She tells us how she got started and how she has grown her brand to help other physicians learn about social media and how to amplify each other through it. Don’t miss out on all her valuable tips about social media, branding and SEO too.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How and why Dr. Corriel started SOMEDOCS and Doctors on Social Media.
- What goals she has for SOMEDOCS in the future.
- How she feels physicians can amplify one another through social media.
- Why she feels that physicians need to be their own advocates and how they can use social media to build engagement, market their business and make an impact.
- How she got started with her own blog: Drcorriel.com.
- Why she recommends physicians start their own personal blog if they have interest.
- What safety tips she has for physicians posting on social media.
- Why she feels it’s important to decide on your branding prior to starting your blog.
- How to protect yourself online by branding your name properly early on.
Dr. Dana Corriel was born in Israel and came to the States when she was 10 years old. She grew up near Los Angeles and did her undergraduate work at UCLA. She went back to Israel for her medical school training in Tel Aviv and then returned to New York to do her residency training in the Bronx at Albert Einstein Montefiore. She is now a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist in New York City.
Links we discussed in the show:
- Check out SOMEDOCS on their dedicated website and blog: DoctorsOnSocialMedia.com.
- Her personal blog can be out at: Drcorriel.com.
- Check out Dr. Nii Darko’s podcast: Drniidarko.com.
Special thank you to this week’s show sponsor: Larry Keller from Physician Financial Services!
Thank you for listening to the Hippocratic Hustle! I know that time is your most valuable resource so I really appreciate you spending some of it with me. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it!
If you’d like to help me improve and grow the podcast, send your suggestions to: Carrie@HippocraticHustle.com
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast, so you won’t miss an episode!