This post may contain affiliate links. If you click & make a purchase, I receive a small commission at no cost to you! For more information, read my full disclosure policy.
There’s a lot of confusion as to what life insurance product to buy, how much to buy, and for how long. In today’s episode of Friends Talk Finance Bonnie and I discuss Life Insurance. How much coverage do you need? How long do you need to be covered? Read more about this topic on Bonnie’s Blog in her post: “Insure against Death”.
Today we discuss:
- How much insurance you need and for how long
- Typical terms
- How to ladder policies
- Factors that determine your rate
- What policies Bonnie and Carrie have
- What Carrie is doing to fix her insurance situation
Links mentioned in this episode:
Helpful trusted contacts who can help you get insured:
- Jamie Fleischner from www.setforlifeinsurance.com
- Lawrence Keller from www.physicianfinancialservices.com
- Stephanie Pearson, MD from Pearson Ravitz Insurance
- Stephanie is now expanding into Life Insurance!
- Stephanie spoke with me on a past podcast episode about Disability Insurance
Special thanks to this week’s sponsor Curbside Real Estate!
Curbside Real Estate is a concierge brokerage that specializes in connecting physicians, many of whom have recently completed their residency programs or fellowships, with the best home loan program for them and a carefully-vetted real estate agent, effectively eliminating the guesswork and frustration commonly associated with buying a home. The mission of Curbside Real Estate is twofold. Its primary mission is to allow physicians to focus more on their profession and families, and less on the stresses of buying a home, by streamlining the process. Its secondary mission is to give back by creating homes for underprivileged children.
Thank you for listening to the Hippocratic Hustle! I know that time is your most valuable resource so I really appreciate you spending some of it with me. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it!
If you’d like to help me improve and grow the podcast, send your suggestions to: Carrie@HippocraticHustle.com
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast, so you won’t miss an episode!