Carmen W. Landrau, MD is a cardiologist and keynote speaker who graduated from Ponce School of Medicine in Puerto Rico, followed by a residency in internal medicine and fellowship in cardiology, both at The University of Texas Medical School in Houston.
During her senior year of cardiology she was Chief Cardiology Fellow. After her graduation she trained in cardiovascular imaging, then was hired by the Cardiology Division at UT to be part of the staff. She opened her solo private practice in 2010 and closed her outpatient clinic in 2016.
Dr. Landrau is a member of the speakers bureau of the American Heart
Association and now dedicates most of her time to be a professional
speaker whose talks about empowering women are directed to help women
recognize their talents and voice their achievements. She enjoys
speaking to corporations, groups and workshops.
Dr. Carmen Landrau is available for speaking engagements. Check out her website for more info!
In today’s episode we will discuss:
- How Carmen closed her private practice to become a professional speaker
- How can we “Know our Worth”
- How money is not a dirty word
- How to use your value
- How to manage your time
- How to set boundries
- How outsourcing can help
- Carrie waxes poetic about grocery delivery
- Importance of sharing responsibilities with your spouse/partner
- How we need to create a Tribe of Women Physicians
- How important it is to have friends outside of medicine
- How important it is to pursue our hobbies
- You are so much more than a Doctor!
Thank you for listening to the Hippocratic Hustle! I know that time is your most valuable resource so I really appreciate you spending some of it with me. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it!
If you’d like to help me improve and grow the podcast, send your suggestions to: Carrie@HippocraticHustle.com
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast, so you won’t miss an episode!