Stephanie Pearson, MD, FACOG, brings the knowledge of a physician into the disability insurance market. Injured in the prime of her career, the Board Certified OB/GYN took an unexpected journey to becoming an advocate and advisor for physicians insurance. Today, she’s made it her mission to educate and empower her peers about the importance of protecting their most valuable asset — the ability to earn an income. Respectful of physician’s time and needs, she’s an expert on the basics and nuances of disability insurance for doctors.
Stephanie Pearson, MD is now a Disability Insurance Broker, and is passionate about educating doctors about disability insurance. For more information: StephaniePearsonMD.com
You will learn:
- How Stephanie was injured working as an OB/GYN
- What lead her to become a disability insurance broker
- How she is trying to clean up a less-than-honest field
- Each company caters to different types of physicians
- What types of policies are available to physicians
- How Brokers can argue with carriers to remove exclusions
- What do Residents need to know about Disability Insurance
- What is true Own Occupation Policy vs “modified” Own Occupation Policies
- Watch out for Group or Employer Benefits, there may be many exclusions
- What is a Rider?
- The different types of riders available
- Different Carriers have different definitions of the riders
- There are carriers for those who are not insurable
- Know what you are buying!
- Be sure your Broker will be there for you if you need to file a claim
I know that time is your most valuable resource so I really appreciate you spending some of it with me. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it!
If you’d like to help me improve and grow the podcast, I’d love if you could take 60-seconds to leave an honest review and rating on iTunes. Reviews and ratings are extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and I genuinely love hearing from you!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast, so you won’t miss an episode!